On March 8, the Avon Community School Corporation was notified that a student at Hickory Elementary had tested positive for COVID-19, more commonly known as the coronavirus. A message was sent to parents shortly following, and a notice was posted on the ACSC official website.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Hickory Elementary School will be closed until April 6 for cleaning, per recommendation of the Indiana State Health Commissioner and Hendricks County Health Department.
- ALL Avon schools will have an e-Learning Day on Monday, March 9.
- Questions should be directed to the Hendricks County Health Department at (317) 745-9222.
To help prevent the spread of the virus and ease any worries, this is what the CDC suggests:
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water.
- If soap and water are unavailable, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- If you experience corona symptoms (fever, cough, difficulty breathing), avoid contact with others and consult a doctor.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid contact with frequently-touched surfaces in public areas.